Thursday, February 18, 2016

Side Trip: Le Tour de Filipinas goes Antipolo


     



 Hey travel buddies! So we will be having a side trip today. I just want to share with you one of my best experiences in my internship at Panahon TV-UBE Media, INC. together with  my co-interns as we were given the opportunity to become a part of the organizing team for the 7th edition of Le Tour de Filipinas.


What is Le Tour de Filipinas?
      
     So Le Tour de Filipinas is one of the famed cycling competition here in our country that has gone through many evolutions since 1955, aside from the good sports and healthy competition that it offers among the different international and local cycling teams it also  promotes tourism in our country.



     Each year, beautiful places in the Philippines were selected to be the part of the official race track for the participating cyclists representing their team.

     
   And for this year's race course, Le Tour de Filipinas is going South! Cyclists will traverse starting from Antipolo City, going to Lucena then Daet and finishes in the picturesque Mayon Volcano in Legazpi City.

    The kickoff party of the race happened last February 17, 2016 at Hinulugang Taktak and I am so proud that my hometown was chosen to be the starting place for the race. Where I was able to visit Hinulugang Taktak for the first time ever in my life! From that moment, I became a tourist in the place where I grew up.




   Antipoleños showed a warm welcome to Le Tour de Filipinas participants, sponsors, media partners and the organizer of this event and I was really happy to see locals and foreigners mesmerized by the beauty of Antipolo and also by the hospitality of our locals.

 


   The official race started at 8:30 am , February 18, 2016 where all the cyclists and watchers heard the gun start. Cyclists already start their long journey up to Legazpi City, Albay. With this, I'm very thankful for the successful event that happened in my hometown and I'm wishing for everyone's safety until they reach the majestic Mayon Volcano in Albay.

 



So if you want to know more about Le Tour de Filipinas, just visit their official website http://www.letourdefilipinas.com/ and if you'll be posting about the cycling race just use their official hashtag #ltdf2016. Thank you :)


   















      



3 comments: